Edwin S. Camacho-Reyes Scholarship Award
The Edwin S. Camacho-Reyes Scholarship Award honors high school seniors who are planning on pursuing a college degree in the State of Florida. The scholarship was established in memory of Edwin S. Camacho-Reyes, brother of our founder and president, Marielys Camacho-Reyes. The recipient(s) of the Edwin S. Camacho-Reyes Scholarship Award will be awarded up to one thousand dollars ($1,000.00).
Guidelines and Procedures:
An applicant must:
- Have been accepted to a university in the state of Florida.
- Applicant must be a high school senior with a 3.0 GPA (or higher)
- Submit the following documents by March 2nd:
- Completed application form.
- Unofficial transcript.
- A 500 words essay on why he/she is choosing to pursue a higher education in their selected field.
4. Send application and all required documents to: P.O. Box 1114 Haines City, FL 33845.
Completed applications and all supporting materials must be submitted to PR. Media, Inc. DBA: The Northeast Polk Gazette (Attn: Edwin S. Camacho-Reyes Scholarship Award) by March 2nd. The chairperson will forward all application materials to the Awards and Scholarship Coordinator who will present the materials to the committee.
Our Administrative Committee will recommend to our Board of Directors the number of scholarships to be awarded based on the available funds and the number of QUALIFIED applicants. Selected students will be notified via email. A formal presentation of the scholarship(s) will be made at the end of April at a location to be determined.
Each applicant is encouraged to double-check all the details on his/her application to be certain that all criteria have been met.
Apply for our Scholarship:
2019 Scholarship Award Information
2019 Scholarship Award Application
Become a Scholarship Fund Donor:
Request for Scholarship Fund Donor Letter
Scholarship Donation Form